Monday, January 26, 2009

Death by a thousand cuts



The annual provincial arts and letters competition is coming up here in Newfoundland and Labrador. I was originally thinking I wouldn't enter anything this year but now I'm thinking about entering my 'Imagine' print. It's not exactly local subject matter but it's probably the piece I'm most pleased with from last year so what the hell. That'll give me a good excuse to get one professionally framed.

The "thousand cuts" in the post title refers to the maddening process of cutting the plate for this print. Maybe I'll do a future post on the process of making linocut prints.

2 comments:

Jenne said...

I'm so glad you will submit this piece. It's magnificent.

John Andrews said...

thx jenne : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...