Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bukowski painting

I accidentally pulled an all-nighter last night while working on this one. I was totally engrossed until I saw sunlight creeping through the basement windows.

Charles Bukowski was a rough-and-tumble kinda character so I took a rough-and-tumble approach to the painting. Brushes, painting knives, fingers and occasional splashes of turpentine.

Not a perfect likeness but I feel like I got his essence.

My wife described it as “scary".

Mission accomplished.

Bukowski
Oil on canvas
20" x 24”


Here’s a daylight shot with a better depiction of the colour:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude this is great. its a great photo of bukowski to begin with but i think you did a really nice job...hell ya

John Andrews said...

thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...