Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rockstar tree

So I’m out of pewter and it'll be at least a week before I get more so I’ll be chewing through the recycling this week for my embossing projects. The tall cans, like the caffeine drink above, work best simply because they have a larger workable area than the smaller cans. (Makes sense, eh?)

The shape is different than the squares I’ve been doing which is fine... I need some variety. The aluminum is more difficult to work with than the pewter for these knocked-out trees. Tougher to emboss, cut, and bend. So tougher all round. The end result is a little less refined than the pewter (sharper angles for example) but I think they are still appealing and I think people will like the idea of the up-cycled drink can.

Just booked three more craft fairs (Some Good Market in Makinsons) with the possibility of one in St. John’s on the 13th. Looking forward to those!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...