Thursday, February 28, 2013

New pewter embossed tree

I know, I’m a bit obsessed. This is rapidly becoming an embossing blog.

I had to post this new one because I was really happy with the end result. I took a few extra steps in the process which really improved the quality of the finished piece.

For the mount I used a wood conditioner before applying the stain which resulted in a really nice grain. I also used two coats of varnish with a light sanding in between so it’s got a nice smooth finish.

The tree itself is a much tighter piece than the last one... better detail I think.

Once the pewter was attached, I gave the whole thing another coat of oil varnish. That helps protect the metal from oily fingerprints.

I’ve sold a few pieces since I started this process last month and recently received an order for a larger version of the tree so I’m encouraged to keep doing them.

So if you have any requests for a custom pewter piece, I’m open to them... send me a message.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...