This is my second effort with embossing, this time using a piece of aluminum. It has a brighter appearance but is slightly more difficult to work with than the pewter. For this one I filled in the background with some lines... looks a bit more finished.
I tried the same image on copper but if was a dismal failure. I poked the tool through the sheet several times. Not because it’s soft. In fact it’s so much tougher, I was using a great deal of strength to manipulate it... occasionally too much. Anyway that piece was a write off so I just used it to experiment with the tools. I’ll probably focus on pewter and aluminum for the future pieces.