Monday, March 5, 2012

Cabinet shuffle

One of the reasons I haven’t painted much in the last few weeks is this little beauty shown above. (I’m using the word beauty very loosely).

I’m at the tail end of constructing my art storage cabinet, (compliments of my better half). I still have to insert slats and, finally, a series of vertical dividers. Then all the paintings can be stored in their own individual spaces instead of piled on top of each other in small heaps throughout the basement.

At left is a view of the front. At right is the back. It is 3’ x 4’ x 3’.

When I first showed the back to my wife she asked “What’s that?” pointing at the small enclosure at the top.  “Secret shelves,” I said, for no good reason.  “For what?” she asked.  I leaned in and whispered, “Secret paintings.” We cracked up.

The real answer is that I needed a space for small pieces so my solution was to divide the depth of one quadrant.

Now that the cabinet is upright and movable, I’m going to take a break from it for a while so I can reacquaint myself with the paints.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...