Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winter shades

Jury's still out on whether I love it or hate it but I’ve received lots of positive feedback.

It's another heavily textured acrylic. Plaster base, several gesso coats followed by at least a dozen layers of paint and glaze.

The trees were made with thinned paint and applied with an eyedropper... gravity was in the driver's seat.

I think I've got these out of my system for the time being. Back to the oils soon.

Winter Shades
Acrylic and plaster on canvas
20" x 16"

SOLD

13 comments:

Darla McDowell said...

Oh, I love this, John! You really captured the beautiful glow of winter. Great work!

John Andrews said...

Thank you, Darla!

Molly Bee said...

I LOVE this! Not only the visual, but the feeling it evokes for me! Beautiful!

John Andrews said...

Thanks Molly! Glad you like it.

Doodle Daily said...

Really like this piece, John..... has so much depth and darkness to it. Very nice.

Warren
The Doodle Daily

John Andrews said...

Thanks Warren!

Cindy D. said...

Really neat! It's got mystery and depth, and I love those blue shadows on the snow.

Anne Manda said...

It's beautiful, the feeling of sunlight in wintery forest is captured really well!

Anne Manda said...

It's beautiful, the feeling of sunlight in wintery forest is captured really well!

Creations By Mit said...

Beautiful! Love the texture, and how you've expressed the light.

paintinggnome said...

There is a sense of calmness to this painting. I love it.

Unknown said...

Wow - this has such an icy cold feel to it. Definitely says winter to me. I like how you've captured the icy cold of winter with colour and texture. Glad it doesn't get that cold here... :)

John Andrews said...

thanks everyone! i appreciate your kind words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...